It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to dayvectors

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [TUE 01 NOV 16] ANOTHER MONTH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:02 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
Mr. G,

I noticed that you were doing some web troubleshooting with "View Source." all the modern browsers (Chrome/IE/Edge/FF/Safari/Etc) have built-in development tools that might make the job a bit quicker.

In the menu, look for "Developer Tools." In IE, you might be able to open them by hitting F12. That opens a split window in the browser showing you the source code. The neat part is that there is a "select element" button (top right) of the lower window. Click that, then click on the element in the displayed page you want to inspect-- and it will highlight the relevant bit of code below.

Post subject: Re: [TUE 01 NOV 16] ANOTHER MONTH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4 time
Yeah, I've seen the developer tools in Firefox -- but I just wanted to make sure I had some workable trick in my toolkit the next time I find a web page refusing to recognize an updated redirection file.

BTW, tomorrow I will check the ballot drop-box to see if the woman is still skulking around it. Gotta hand it to Trump, this has been one of the most memorable elections in US history, if not in a good sort of way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:56 pm 

Have thanks: 2 time
Redirection testing can be annoying in the EXTREME. Firefox and Chrome both cache 301 redirects, and it's troublesome to clear them out. For Firefox, I've had luck with this: http://stackoverflow.com/a/21059623

This election certainly t̶r̶u̶m̶p̶s̶ outshines Ross Perot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4 time
Perot did NOT perform a hostile take-over of the Republican Party!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]